I’m linking up with my BFF Jenn over at AKA the Wife(not to be confused with Jen @Peas and Crayons for WIAW, though I love her dearly as well) for the Friday Five Faves link up!
- Like Jen, I’m in love with Downton Abbey. In fact, it’s her fault that I even started watching the show. That’s right, I’m blaming you! It’s a a drama set in the early 1900′s that follows the story of Earl Grantham and his family while they try find an heir to their estate after the son-in-law to be is killed in the sinking of the Titanic. The Lord and Lady are catching up with the modern times, the three sisters are typical teenage girls who want to kill each other and the entire servant staff is full of it’s own collection of secrets. I highly recommend you watch it. Even if you just watch it for Granny(Maggie Smith)
- Opening day(s) for Major League Baseball(MLB) I love, love, love baseball season. I have played softball pretty much since I could walk and love to watch the game as much as play. In fact, we signed up for a league here with our apartment complex that starts in a couple weeks! I’m a Red Sox fan, I think I got that from A)wanting to spite my dad who’s a Cubs fan B)My uncle who lives in NJ but is an avid Sox fan. So, here’s to a good season fellas!
- The Boston Marathon! Ever since I got into running, I started spectating as well. I watched my first ever(streamed it online) Boston Marathon last year and it.was.intoxicating. After that I started watching more and more elite races; ING New York, Chicago, The Olympic Trials in Houston, and it’s that time of year again! The Boston Marathon will gather the great of the great who come from areas all around the world just to run that historic race. I am SO excited. I can’t wait for the day when we can go spend a weekend in Boston and watch the race live.
- NHL Playoffs! Although they’re still technically in regular season, there are only a few games left and the Chicago Blackhawks are heading into the playoffs. I hope that I can cheer them all the way to another Stanley Cup! Although hopefully this time Duncan Keith doesn’t need to lose his four front teeth. : \
- My Holy Bible App on my Iphone. I’m terrible at remembering to read it and really would like to. But half the time I move it somewhere and when I lay down to read in bed, it’s not there and I’m too lazy at that point to get up and go get it. The Holy Bible App lets you bookmark, highlight, set up daily reading plans(with reminders!) all on your phone. And since my Iphone goes everywhere with me, it seems like a perfect solution. I turn down the brightness on the screen, read a few pages, or chapters until I’m ready to sleep. Who knew that someday we could have entire books on a tiny little phone in the palm of our hands? Amazing.